Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 2: Kitchen skylight and ceiling. Odd drains. HVAC return locations.

On Saturday, after Alex's backstroke event at the Santa Clara Invitational I went over to the house to check on things and do some digging I found Matt and Jose installing the kitchen skylight and working the ceiling.

This is to show the area above the family room ceiling.  We're trying to find a good place for the HVAC return.  We're thinking somewhere in that area.

This is the second floor on the landing in front of the master bedroom.  It's also the other side of the wall in the pic above.

The return might be in the wall somewhere here.

Matt and Jose did a lot of framing while I was there.  Matt also put up some joints for the 8' section.

This is the skylight box and the ceiling.

A close up of the ceiling where it changes from 8'6" to 8'.

Another view of the skylight box.  It needs a few more framing members.

This is what I did.  Dig up the odd drainage pipe.  I now know why it never drained. It really wasn't connected to anything.

2 comments:

  1. With a skylight on your kitchen, your space will surely be fresh, airy, and bright. I just hope that it was installed properly, or it might cause you leak problems in the long run. I hope to see your house once everything is finished.

    -Arry’s Roofing Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skylight looks big enough to light one, even two rooms! That would definitely help with the utilities in the long run. I would love to see how it pans out when you have the whole kitchen in place.

    Keven

    ReplyDelete